The Korean Embassies in the United States of America, Japan and 24 European Countries* no longer issue visa labels, as of 24th February, 2020.
* Europe (24 countries): Greece, Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Romania, Belgium,
Bulgaria, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Slovakia, Ireland, United Kingdom, Austria, Italy, Czech
Republic, Croatia, Portugal, Poland, France, Finland, Hungary
※ All Korean Embassies will stop issuing visa labels from 1st July, 2020.
When visa applications are approved, the Embassy will notify applicants of their visa details by issuing ‘Visa Grant Notice’. (Visa Application Center may issue the document on behalf of the Embassy).
All applicants can print out the document at any time, by entering passport information (passport number, name and date of birth).
‘Visa Grant Notice’ document can be used to prove visa status, whether he/she is a holder of a valid Korean visa. Also, all visa holders are required to present the document to immigration officers during immigration clearance.
The document is valid printed either in color, or in black and white. Please refer to the ‘Note’ in the
document for detailed information.
※ All Foreigners seeking entry into ROK with valid visa are required to present the ‘Confirmation of Visa Issuance’ to Korean Immigration authorities in the process of immigration inspection.
【How to verify and print out ‘Visa Grant Notice’】
1) Go to www.visa.go.kr – Application Status/Issue – Click ‘Check Application Status & Print’ menu.
2) Enter your Passport number, Name and Date of Birth, and Click the ‘Search’ button.
3) If your visa application is approved, the ‘Certificate’ button will be activated.
4) Click the button and print out the ‘Visa Grant Notice’.