Requirements for Teaching English in Korea

  • Native English speaker and a citizen of  Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, or USA
  • Minimum of Bachelor’s degree 
  • Teaching experience preferred but not required
  • TEFL Certificate preferred but not required
  • Clean Criminal Record
  • No Critical Medical Problems including Drug Test
required documents teaching English

⇒ Required Documents for E2 visa

1. Copy of university Diploma with appostille . (Exception: for Canadians, it must be notarized by Korean consulate)
2. Criminal record check with appostille
– For Australia and New Zealand citizens: National Police Check
– For Canada citizens: RCMP check notarized by Korean consulate (appostille is not needed)
– For South Africa citizens: Police Clearance Certificate
– For UK citizens: Basic Disclosure
– For US citizens: FBI background check
3. Passport valid for at least 12 months
4. 6 Passport Photos (size of 3.5 x 4.5cm)
5. Self-medical check form ( Download Form)