- Visa application can be done either in person or via mail.
1) Walk-in (Appointment is not required)
– Open hours: Monday through Friday (9 AM ~4 PM)
– Normally It takes 5 business days to process a visa after the application submission.
2) Via-Mail (When applying by mail, a self-addressed return envelope with prepaid postage is required.)
(Use overnight express only e.g., DHL, FedEx, and UPS.)
- Double-check with your local Korean consulate about the additional required documents. (Website or phone call)
→ Find Korean consulate near you: https://www.okrecruiting.com/teach-in-korea/list-of-korean-consulates-2/
a. One completed visa application form → Download the visa application form
– Visa issuance confirmation number (will be given by your employer or recruiter) stated in section 2.1 of the visa application form
b. One recent passport color photo attached to the Visa Application
c. Original and a photocopy of passport (remaining validity of at least 1 year)
d. E2 Health Statement → Download E-2 Applicant’s Health Statement
e. Visa fee(Cash or Money Order): Please, visit your local Korean consulate for the amount
f. Self-Addressed prepaid Envelope for return of the passport by mail (FedEX, DHL, or UPS)
※ For UK Citizens: Starting from January 17, 2022, the Government of the Republic of Korea will open the Korea Visa Application Center (KVAC) in London, managed by the International Organization for Migration (IOM), to manage the Korean visa applications submitted by UK nationals and third country nationals regularly residing in the UK. Following the opening of the KVAC, the ROK Embassy in London will not receive any visa application, effective January 17, 2022.
※ KVAC Info:
– Website: www.visaforkorea.eu
– Phone Number: +44 207 811 6098
– Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Address: 1st floor, Heron House, 10 Dean Farrar Street,London SW1H 0DX
– Operating Hours: Monday to Friday 9AM to 1PM and 2PM to 4:30PM
– Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9AM to 1PM and 2PM to 6PM(note that due to the current COVID-19 situations, the KVAC will receive applications only via post, until further notice.)
※ Visa and Service fees: https://www.visaforkorea.eu/visa-and-service-fees
※ Visa Instructions and Forms: https://www.visaforkorea.eu/visa-instructions-and-forms
Contact your recruiter for any questions you have regarding the E2 visa.
Leave A Comment